Sadly, all events due to take place at any of the University campuses are cancelled. HISA have no choice but to suspend all clubs and societies room bookings and formalised in-person gatherings (meaning any person or persons meeting up in regards to clubs and societies). This applies to activities both on and off campus. However, rules may be different if you are a Sports Club, so please read on if this applies to you.
Currently, the government guidelines state we should not be meeting in groups, and until we receive firm guidelines on progressing those rules, we don’t plan to review our current position. Instead, we ask that clubs and societies run all activities and events fully online. We appreciate that this is not ideal, but our main priority is to keep both students and staff safe.
However, If you are a fully non-contact sport, and are within your Sports Governming Body guidlines, then you can speak to us at HISAactivities@uhi.ac.uk to discuss what to do next.
Please consult this document for further information and this is the blank Sports Risk Assessment needed in order to continue operating as a club.
UPDATE from Scottish Student Sport:
SSS COVID-19 - Update
Following the announcement from the First Minister, the following restrictions are now in place (started Friday 9th October at 6pm):
- Contact sports for people aged 18 and over will be suspended for the next two weeks in the following areas; Greater Glasgow and Clyde; Lanarkshire: Ayrshire and Arran; Lothian and Forth Valley
- Indoor group activity exercise will not be allowed in the following areas; Greater Glasgow and Clyde; Lanarkshire: Ayrshire and Arran; Lothian and Forth Valley
- Outdoor live events will not be permitted in the following areas; Greater Glasgow and Clyde; Lanarkshire: Ayrshire and Arran; Lothian and Forth Valley
- Individuals living in the five areas noted above are not allowed to travel outside of the health board area they live in
- Individuals who do not live in one of these areas are asked not to travel to these areas
If you are planning to partake in Sport, we would reccomend you also download the Test and Protect App that can be found here https://protect.scot/
You need to check with your Sport governing guidelines to check whether or not you can go ahead planning non- contact sport, as some have suspected ALL activity across the country. Please check here which apply to your clubs Sport Scotland Guidelines
We are still here to support you. If you have any questions or if you are unsure about anything please get in touch with us on HISAactivities@uhi.ac.uk.
We will keep updating this page with further information.