Please complete and submit the HISA Elections Complaints form with details of your complaint. Your complaint will be investigated by the Depute Returning Officer (DRO).
If you have evidence supporting your complaint, which is a separate document such as an e-mail, please e-mail supporting evidence to the firstname.lastname@example.org once you have submitted your form.
The Depute Returning Officer will aim to respond to your complaint within 2 working days.
Please note complaint deadline information:
1. Attempt to resolve complaint issue informally with those perceived to be in breach of the rules
2. If unable to resolve informally, submit your election query to HISA’s Elections Coordinator
3. If not satisfied when the Election Coordinator’s response is received, then complete the HISA Elections Complaints form and submit a formal complaint to HISA’s Depute Returning Officer (DRO)
4. The DRO will conduct an investigation and make a formal ruling on the complaint
5. The DRO will advise the complainant of the outcome of the complaint
1. If the complainant is dissatisfied with the DRO ruling, then the complainant has the right to appeal to the NUS Returning Officer (RO).
2. To appeal to the NUS Returning Officer (RO), the complainant must contact HISA to advise HISA’s DRO that they are dissatisfied with the outcome of the complaint and their wish to appeal
3. HISA’s DRO will provide the complainant with an Appeals form for completion and return to HISA.
4. HISA’s DRO will then submit the Appeal form with any accompanying evidence to the NUS RO for investigation
5. The NUS RO will make a formal ruling on the Appeal and communicate the outcome to HISA’s DRO, who will advise the complainant of the outcome