Student Group Code of Conduct
1. All HISA student groups must be in compliance with all current legislation, University, relevant Academic Partner, and HISA rules and regulations. In addition, all student groups must be complaint with their constitution.
2. All regional student groups must be open to all students at UHI. All local student groups must be open to all students studying at the appropriate academic partner.
2.1. Regional student groups are not required to operate in every academic partner, however VC facilities are available for student groups which should be utilised to accommodate students at different campuses where relevant.
3. Non-students are not insured by HISA when participating in any student group activity or event.
4. All HISA student groups must use the HISA logo on any kit they use unless there is exceptional circumstances and must seek approval before the production of kit
4.1. This includes flags, banners, social media or anything else used to advertise your society
4.2. Branding information can be provided on request
5. Student groups are expected to create an inclusive environment where students can engage in the activity of the student group without discrimination. This includes, but is not limited to, discrimination of the following characteristics: gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, race, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity (including breastfeeding), or disability.
6. Student groups will take a zero tolerance approach to incidents of bullying, harassment, and victimisation on any basis.
7. Student groups will never claim to speak on the behalf of or arrange expenditure in the name of HISA.
8. Where applicable, student groups will enter British University and College Sport (BUCS), Scottish Student Sport (SSS), and other organisations competitions, , through HISA
8.1. A minimum of one weeks’ notice must be given
9. Student groups must inform and involve HISA regarding affiliation or contracts with third parties. Details on the terms on which HISA student groups can affiliate with third parties can be provided on request.