Welcome to the NEW development grant! This grant has been designed to be open and inclusive to all clubs and societies. In former years, HISA would offer funding applications for each individual club or society for a year proposal, however this year, HISA wanted to create a funding grant stream that proves to develop clubs and societies and gives a much fairer chance for all. The grant wishes to work as a developmental tool, so clubs and societies have a chance to make ideas into a reality, and develop, sustain and grow a group. Applications will be open for development approaches such as;
- Events: The set up of events for current members and also new members throughout the year
- Equipment: Equipment available for all club and society members within your group - all equipment is required to be added to a inventory, and should be bought with sustainability in mind. Every year an inventory list has to made/updated
- Affiliations: Where needed, sometimes clubs and societies need to affiliate with other organisations- for example, British Universities Sailing Association, please find more information concerning affiliations here
It is important to note:
- This grant will act on a first come first serve basis
- Clubs less than 6 months old will only be eligible up to £50 for the first six months
- Due to the large number of student groups we have at different Academic Partners, you might not receive all the funding you have applied for or we might only be able to partly fund your project/equipment/affiliation.
- You can apply in three different funding rounds. This is so we can set money aside for three times per year, to ensure we are providing the fairest chance for all.
Please read the Terms and Conditions for further information.
How to apply:
- Fill out the application form and discuss it with your local staff member/officer. It needs to be signed off before being submitted to the regional team (No applications will be accepted without this!)
- Send it to the Activities Team
What happens after I've applied?
You will be contacted within 2 weeks of the date you have applied with a result. Your application will be taken to a small panel, made up with at least one regional officer who will make a political decision. The applications will be judged on aspects such as previous histroy of spending, the attention to application detail, organisation of the idea, research been put into the application. development ideas and possible increase in membership and overall sustainability of the club and society from such developemental ideas. All decisions are final, and are not up for negotiation.
This grant is open three times a year:
1st round 1st September- 30th November
2nd round 1st December- 28th February
3rd round 1st March- 31st May